This are some nice tools, I found them on his site. I have to say he has a nice collection of tools, as what I’ve read on his site he is a good experience in the SEO filed. You can follow him on twitter and visit his page if you want to improve your traffic and conversions:
Keyword Tools :
NB: If you sign up your site for their Google Webmaster Tools - it will give you a run down of what keywords your site is appearing in Google for and the average position of that term in Google. Also gives you run down of urls errors and true no. of backlinks in Google and a lot more.
- Google Keyword Tool - Generates potential keywords for your ad campaign and reports their Google statistics, including search performance and seasonal trends. My main keyword tool.
- UberSuggest - Free keyword suggestion tool that makes good use of Google Suggest and other suggest services. Iinstantly get thousands of keyword ideas from real user queries! Use the keywords to get inspiration for your next blog post, or to optimize your PPC campaigns.
- Soovle - Similar to above – Search suggestions and completions from the top providers on the internet.
- YouTube Keyword Tool - Used to to research keyword use on YouTube – Closely related to the Google Keyword Tool in appearance and functionality.
- RankPanel - Superb tool – Try searching for any website or keyword and Rankpanel will provide you with: Historic and recent data From 6 countries – For the top 500,000 keywords
- SEMRush - Superb little tool which gives you the keywords and their positions for any given website on Google / Bing along For several major countries. I also gives data on what Adwords keywords are being used.
- Google Trends - You can compare the world’s interest in your favorite topics. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched on Google over time. Google Trends also shows how frequently your topics have appeared in Google News stories, and in which geographic regions people have searched for them most.
- Ahrefs - Use this for checking anchor text ratios of a given website. Enter domain and then scroll down to view ‘Referring pages / Domains for anchor phrases”. (free option – need to sign up for free account).
- LDA Content Optimizer - This tool determines your LDA relevancy score for a particular URL and keyword. The tool then spiders your page and top ranking pages for that keyword to determine Colocated terms that you have not included in your page. The tool then re-checks your LDA score if you were to include those keywords on your page to determine the potential increase in relevancy.
- SEO Book Keyword Rank Checker - Want to know where your website keywords rank in the search results? Firefox Rank Checker extension allows you to easily check your website rankings in Google (US and international), Yahoo, and Microsoft Live search. This is my new ranking tool of choice !!
- OneLook Reverse Dictionary - OneLook’s reverse dictionary lets you describe a concept and get back a list of words and phrases related to that concept. Your description can be a few words, a sentence, a question, or even just a single word. Just type it into the box above and hit the “Find words” button. Keep it short to get the best results. In most cases you’ll get back a list of related terms with the best matches shown first.
- ThinkMap Visual Thesaurus - An interactive tool that allows you to discover the connections between words in a visually captivating display. Word maps let you search for just the right word and then explore related concepts, revealing the way words and meanings relate to each other. It’s a word-lover’s delight, with more than 145,000 words and 115,000 meanings organized in an innovative and intuitive design
- Remove Duplicate / Repeating Words from a Text - This is great tool for webmasters to help to remove repeating keywords from the meta tag strings. Simply copy and paste your text with duplicate words or keywords into the upper text window and hit one of the function buttons to remove repeating words throuhgout the text.
- Duplicate Keyword Remover & Keyword List Cleaner - Remove duplicate keywords and duplicate keyphrases from your keywords list and sort your keyphrases with this free Keyword List Cleaner tool. You can also use this form to clean your keyword lists, URL lists, email lists and other text lists.
- Google Adwords Wrapper - FREE time saving tool that wraps keyword phrases in “quotation marks” (phrase match) and [square brackets] (exact match) for use in Google AdWords campaigns. Duplicates are automatically removed, and the list is sorted in character code order. Options include change to lowercase, remove bids, and remove URLs.
- SEO Book Free Keyword Suggestion Tool - A really neat free keyword tool on SEO book that gives something approaching KEI analysis (Needs account login to use but free).
- Check Keyword Traffic - From BruceClay.com – This tool will produce an estimate of daily search activity for a specific keyword phrase on the internet across the major search engines. This is only an estimate, and on a daily basis your mileage may vary.
- Keyword Typo Generator - From SEOtools – Generate a list of suggestions for likely human misspellings and typos for given keyword.
- Keyword Lexicon - Derive related keywords – thesaurus type tool.
- Ontology Finder - Related Keywords Lookup Tool – The goRank ontology lookup tool checks the top 1000 Google results for your keywords by running a related word query.
- Acronym Finder - With more than 550,000 human-edited entries, Acronym Finder is the world’s largest and most comprehensive dictionary of acronyms, abbreviations, and initialisms.
- Itools Language - Excellent language resource with dictionaries, terminology finder, thesauruses and even a crossword and scrabble solver. Can also find Research Tools - Search Tools - Language Toolsand People Search Tools
- Google Trends - Find out the time time of year your keywords perform. Searchable by year and country.
- SpyFu - Formerly a program called GoogSpy – this free web-based tool you can use to do competitor research. Powered by Velocityscape’s data extraction tool, Web Scraper Plus+, which extracts 500,000 search results a day from Google and loads them into SpyFu’s database. The most obvious use for GoogSpy is to discover all the keywords your competitors are bidding for on Google’s AdWords. See article about this here.
- Compare Two Lists - and see differences hilited.
- Wordnik - shows definitions and exmaples from multiple sources, so you can see as many different takes on a word’s meaning as possible.
sign up your site for their Google Webmaster Tools - it will give you a run down of what keywords your site is appearing in Google for and the average position of that term in Google. Also gives you run down of urls errors and true no. of backlinks in Google.
- XML Sitemap Generator - Sitemaps are an easy way for webmasters to inform search engines about pages on their sites that are available for crawling. By creating and submitting Sitemaps to search engines, you are more likely to get better freshness and coverage in search engines. Create an XML sitemap that can be submitted to Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines to help them crawl your website better. Create a Text sitemap to have a plain list of all your pages. Create a ROR sitemap, which is an independant XML format for any search engine. Generate an HTML site map to allow human visitors to easily navigate on your site. Also see XML Sitemap Validator.
- Annie Cushing’s Must-Have Tools - (Google Docs) – Awesome collection of tools – Tools for SEO Analysis, Domain, Links, Keyword, Competitive Analysis, Tracking, Social Media, Spam/Hacking, Structured Markup, Developer Data, Visualization Tools, Data Sources, Infographic Submission Sites, Misc Efficiency Tools.
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth - Free Download – Great tool for checking your site for broken links. Displays a continuously updated list of URLs which you can sort by different criteria. Customized reporting can be produced at any time (broken links by page, broken links by link, site map, etc.) – Networking, Web and HTML tools.
- Google Analytics URL Builder - Excellent Tool from Google to tag urls with different tracking tags for use in Google Analytics. Great for tagging mailer urls, campaigns, etc.
- BuiltWith - Gives you lots of information about what it sitting behind a website. For example what framework it is built on, what CMS is uses, what analytics package it uses etc. Check out the Built With trends page for some interesting stats on the usage of various web technologies.
- Website SEO Health Check Tool - Aaron Wall has released a new tool named the Website Health Check Tool. The tool reviews a site’s title tags, descriptions, URLs, and page status codes. It then returns problems the site may have with missing title tags and descriptions, any duplicate title tags or descriptions, www versus non-www issues, index page health, and error handling issues. Aaron plans on adding more features to the tool.
- SEOSiteCheckup - Handy little tool to check up on a site’s SEO – Checks URL Canonical, Page Compression Status, HTML Size (compressed), XML Sitemap, etc.
- SiteTrail - A free “all-in-one website analysis tool,” and it does an excellent job aggregating information from various different data sources.
- WooRank - A freemium tool that provides an “instant website review.” Without a premium account, you are only allowed to generate 1 free report per week, but you are able to view previously generated reports. Also, the tool currently offers a 7-day unlimited free trial, which gives you access to unlimited reviews.
- SEO Workers Site Check - SEO Analysis Tool is to help you analyze and measure the ranking potential of your web pages. It doesn’t only analyze the Meta Tags of your pages, rather it tries to use the same spider technology as the search engine spiders themselves.
- Schema Creator - A really easy interface to generate the correct Schema.org markup for your content. You can input your content such as a person or organisation, then copy and paste the output onto your website. Why it matters: Use of Schema.org vocabulary in search results is growing and you need to take advantage of it to give the search engines more information about your content. This tool makes this process painless and super easy. use this Google Structured Data Testing Tool to check syntax.
- Fagan Finder’s URL Info - Superb tool for handling web pages: finding information about it, translating it, finding related pages, links, whois, etc. Allows multiple windows so you don’t have to type in url for different data.
- Duplicate Content Checker - Really neat tool from Webconfs, that checks two given pages and reports the similarity percentage of the two pages. Ideal for checking if your pages are going to be marked as duplicate content.
- ProxFree - ProxFree is a simple and completely free web proxy service. Perfect for those looking to bypass censorship restrictions and/or looking to browse the internet privately, anonymously and securely.
- Domain Dossier - Investigate domains and IP addresses.
- W3C Internationalization Checker - This checker performs various tests on a Web Page to determine its level of internationalisation-friendliness. It also summarises key internationalization information about a page, such as character encoding and language declarations, etc.
- 55+ Extremely Useful Online Generators for Designers - What it says on the tin.
- Email Riddler - Email Riddler is an online tool that encrypts and transform your email address into a series of numbers when displaying it, making it virtually impossible for spam harvesters to crawl and add your email to their list.
- Simple Email Encoder - This form will allow you to encode your e-mail address through the use of Character Entities, transforming your ascii email address into its equivalent decimal entity.
- WatchThatPage - Free web service allowing you to monitor any web pages for changes, either on your site or a competitors.
- IPS Tag Checker - Useful tool for those wanting to move .co.uk domains from one IPS tag to another. After the tag change has been requested, enter the domain name in question, the IPS tag of the provider you are moving the domain to, and your email address. The tool will check on the status of the IPS tag every hour, and will email you if it finds the tag has moved.
- File Difference Tool - Free tool – Enter two files to see their differences. The tool is intended to compare nearly identical ascii files (such as cgi scripts, html or txt), or comparing html pages the have changed search engine rank to a previous version of the document.
- 1000′s of Free Online Fonts - Enormous collection of free downloadable online fonts – presented in categories – best I’ve seen on the net so far.
- Online Font Tester - View how fonts look with certain parameters – nice tool.
- 5,000 Online Resources - Huge list of really useful online tools – a must see for any webmaster.
- StockXhnge - Browse through the categories of their huge gallery containing over 250.000 quality stock photos by more than 25.000 photographers! Need a wallpaper for your desktop? Need a pic for your commercial website design? Looking for inspiration? Have a look around.
- Online CSS Optimiser - Excellent tool for optimising your site css files. And another.
- CSS Rounded/Beveled Box Generator - Great tool for getting that professional looking table.
- Pixenate - Online Image Editor – great if your not on your own pc or for those with no image editing s/w.
- Image Size Optimizer - Lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site. Furthermore, you can easily convert from one image type to another.
- List-o-Matic - Online CSS Navigation Menu creator – inspired by Listamatic, a collection of examples of CSS styled list items used for navigation.
- Contact Form Designer - Enables you to create form-to-email scripts for your ASP, PHP or Perl web site with no programming skills needed. Use this nifty little online form designer to finish it off.
- Encyclopedia of Free Software Downloads - Superb site for free software downloads – for Mac, Linux and Windows.
- ZARA 3D – Headline Maker (Free) - Nuff said …
NB: Google Don’t show all of your backlinks with the “link:url” command but they will show you all of your backlinks, (well most of them), if you sign up your site for their Google Webmaster Tools.
(Google and Yahoo Sitemaps can be created easily with this – Instant online Google sitemap generator).
- CognitiveSEO Backlink Analysis - Superb! Backlink Analysis Software that aggregates backlinks from multiple data providers(you get a much complete list of links) and than recrawls it. Fresh backlink information + unique metrics such as Site Type detection(Blog/forum etc) and Link Type detection(comment/blogroll etc).. (Read this about using the tool to detect low quality links.
- Netpeak Link Checker - Superb! Analyse 1000+ domains with one click – ‘Program intended for mass analysis of websites by various parameters. There is a possibility of preservation of the history analyses and export of the obtained results. It characterized by high speed of operation, a large amount of the analysed data, ample opportunities of application of the program. It is possible to work through a proxy. The program also works with the Anticaptcha service. (Download program).
- Xenu’s Link Sleuth (program) - Free Download – Not exactly a back link checker but great tool for checking your site for broken links. Displays a continuously updated list of URLs which you can sort by different criteria. Customized reporting can be produced at any time (broken links by page, broken links by link, sitemap, etc.) – Networking, Web and HTML tools. Other online version here.
- Classic Link Link Diagnosis - Excellent tool – can show you all the important information about your competitor’s links. The report includes pagerank, anchor texts, no-follow information and more. Also has Site Diagnosis and Page Age tools. NEW LINK DIAGNOSIS TOOL
- SEOMoz Link Acquisition Assistant - The Link Acquisition Assistant (or LAA! for short) takes information about your company, brand and competition and returns 121 link acquisition queries. The current version is in beta (thus the labs location) and is the first step toward the creation of a new link acquisition tool that I am really looking forward to use..
- ReverseInternet - You can search based on domain name, URL, Analytics ID, AdSense ID, or Clickbank ID. That includes both the Clickbank product code as well as the Clickbank user name. The search will also work for several other networks too, including searching for products from Share a Sale, LinkShare, and PayDotCom. (Good review here). Also check out http://spyonweb.com/
Social Media Tools
- SocDir - A directory of social media tools, expert driven toolkit recipes, and online community of social networking gurus, fans, and newbies.
- Twylah - Create awesome looking websites and widgets out of your tweets. Have tried this myself – using sub-domain of my site - here superb results.
- Buffer - Excellent for Twitter – Buffer makes your life easier with a smarter way to schedule the great content you find. Fill up your Buffer at one time in the day and Buffer automagically posts them for you through the day. Simply keep that Buffer topped up to have a consistent social media presence all day round, all week long. Use with Tweriod to find the best times to post.
- Who Unfollowed Me - Twitter – Check your unfollowers, see who is not following you back and who you are not following back.
- Social Crawlytics - Get social share numbers for every page on a site. Social metrics, most shared authors, scheduled monitoring and a robust API.
Best SEO / SEM Forums / Newsletters
- WebMasterWorld - Great forum on SEO out there. Keep up to date with the issues - register and mailing list opt in here.
- Search Engine Land - Possibly the best mailer round-up of SEO news on the net. Subscribe to the daily SEO news summary on the submit form (top right).
- Digital Point Forums - Great Forum and very open.
Other SEO Tools Sites
- SEO Tools (136 SEO Tools) - This SEO Tools page has links to the best SEO Tools on the internet and these tools will help you to optimise your website and move your search engine position higher.
- Online SEO Tools – the Ultimate Collection - Great Collection of SEO Tools.
- SEOChat - Great Collection of SEO Tools.
- Webmaster Toolkit - Nice Collection of Search Engine Optimisation Tools.
- WebConfs - SEO Tool Set – Large collection.
- Multiple Site Checker - Saves you pain and time by offering an URL specific list of links to the most popular and useful web-based tools. Includes validators, accessibility checkers, link and load time check, WHOIS, HTTP response, and more.